Chorus teaches students poise, composure, and the value of continued effort to achieve excellence. As a direct result of making music as a team, students have the opportunity to build and cultivate lasting friendships. Above all, music performance students know the satisfaction of the successful result of hard work, and this carries over into every other aspect of their lives.
Our goals in the FCHS choral program are:
- To present students with the opportunity to learn, sing, and perform music in our graded and leveled choir program.
- To provide students with a creative outlet to support their overall wellbeing and health.
- To offer a quality musical experience through performance of diverse choral literature.
- To promote the cultivation of student relationships through teamwork and camaraderie.
- To offer aspiring students opportunities for leadership.
- To promote and develop good character in each student—including, but not limited to: self-discipline, creativity, self-esteem, and enthusiasm for learning.
- To develop an aesthetic appreciation for choral music in students and in the surrounding community.